Do you know how much time you spend on your phone daily? Take a guess.
The average time spent on a phone in the USA is 5 hours per day! That is a lot! You may or may not be shocked. But chances are, you probably spend way more time on your phone than you think (Unless you have already addressed the issue)
Do yourself a favour and install a phone usage monitoring App on your phone for a few days. I like RealilzD , it’s a great App and the basic version is free.
After installing the App, use your phone normally and then after a few days check the usage status. You are probably using your phone way more than you think.
With millions of applications available to download, our phones have become a distraction hell. We reach out for our phone without any specific reason. Without even thinking about it.
Next time you have the urge to pick up your phone ask yourself: Why do I need to pick up my phone? Most likely it isn’t for an important reason.
Excessive phone usage for most people is an addiction. It has become a habit.
Change your life by reducing phone usage
Yes, that’s correct. You can literally change your life by limiting your phone usage to a maximum of 30 minutes per day, If that is too extreme for you, keep it at one hour.
But Sam, I need my phone for ” Important Tasks” and “Business”
Most of your reasons for continuing to use your phone are not justified. (Really think about it! You are just worried about not feeling that buzz)
Limit yourself to checking your phone 3-4 times per day. This is MORE than sufficient for 99% of tasks. Most things can wait a few hours if you manage your life properly.
Make sure you schedule when you’re using your phone. For example, 9:30 AM, 1:00PM, 8:00PM.
Batch process your phone usage. Set a time limit for each batch process.
Let your friends and co-workers know at which times you are checking your phone.
NEVER check your phone straight after waking up or right before going to bed.
The long-term benefits of reducing and scheduling phone usage
- You will feel less anxious
- You will start enjoying life
- You will be more fit
- You will go out more
- You will have better sex
- You will start chasing your dreams and perhaps replace your extra time by doing taking up a new hobby.
- You and your friends, family, partner, will become more organised. You will plan events and meetings in advance.
- People will respect your time more. As they know they cannot let you know they are going to be late, because you don’t have your phone switched on.
- You will start making more money!
- You have less distraction! Meaning concentrating on what you want in life.
- You will live the real life!
I hope you enjoyed reading this short article.
Please leave a comment and subscribe to my mailing list.